Entry #11. Food, Inc. (extra credit)
Today I watched a film on Netflix called "Food, inc". When starting this movie, I wasn't going into it thinking I'd enjoy it. But as I had been watching for a while, I found myself being glued to the tv until it was over. Realizing everything in this film is true, I became more and more interested in learning how it started. This film is hard to explain to someone who hasn't seen it, but I'm going to do my best to describe to you guys why you should definitely watch this film.
The author of this film, Robert Kenner, exposed America's entire food industry with this film. He showed how our entire food system is corrupt, from before its turned to food to the second we eat it. The film shows how our farmers are greedy, and would rather fill animals up with antibiotics, cage them, kill them in horrific ways, than to supply the people with healthy meats. The government is in on the whole operation, which explains why we rarely see photos and videos relating to industrial farming. Many diseases are found in our meats because farmers care more about money than dealing with proper precautions while handling the meat. Not only is the government and farmers at fault, but businessmen are in on it as well. From the second we buy foods off the grocery store shelves or restaurant menus, those foods are being handled by other people who only care about money. The film encourages us Americans to make a difference. He encourages us consumers to buy organic, healthy foods, to show that were not going to supply their money addiction. Our food suppliers need to go through the proper steps in getting our food to us the healthiest it should be. If we fought back to get more nutritious foods, Americans would be healthier and less overweight, ultimately feeling better.

I know I cant do the film justice with my blog entry, but Ireally do encourage everyone to go out and watch the film to learn about the foods you're eating and what you can do to make sure you're putting the best into your body. The film "Food,Inc" by Robert Kenner can be watched on Netflix.
The author of this film, Robert Kenner, exposed America's entire food industry with this film. He showed how our entire food system is corrupt, from before its turned to food to the second we eat it. The film shows how our farmers are greedy, and would rather fill animals up with antibiotics, cage them, kill them in horrific ways, than to supply the people with healthy meats. The government is in on the whole operation, which explains why we rarely see photos and videos relating to industrial farming. Many diseases are found in our meats because farmers care more about money than dealing with proper precautions while handling the meat. Not only is the government and farmers at fault, but businessmen are in on it as well. From the second we buy foods off the grocery store shelves or restaurant menus, those foods are being handled by other people who only care about money. The film encourages us Americans to make a difference. He encourages us consumers to buy organic, healthy foods, to show that were not going to supply their money addiction. Our food suppliers need to go through the proper steps in getting our food to us the healthiest it should be. If we fought back to get more nutritious foods, Americans would be healthier and less overweight, ultimately feeling better.

I know I cant do the film justice with my blog entry, but Ireally do encourage everyone to go out and watch the film to learn about the foods you're eating and what you can do to make sure you're putting the best into your body. The film "Food,Inc" by Robert Kenner can be watched on Netflix.
I agree that they only care about money and hey don't care about how they treat the animals. I liked how you put the pictures in your blog. I was also getting more interested in the film as it went on and I agree that people should watch it.
ReplyDeletePretty good job with your four new entries, Ashley. Keep digging into analysis and significance.
ReplyDeleteI've seen this movie and it's incredible how much food has changed because of the stuff they give these animals. And your right they only care about money, they don't care about the animals or how the food is made.
ReplyDelete