Entry #8. Time Travel
Hey everybody! This week, I watched two different movies about time travel. One of them, called "See You Yesterday", I really liked. Its about a two teens who spent their high school days inventing a time machine. This machine allows them to travel a day back into the future. But when one of their older brothers gets killed, they put their time machine to the test to go back and prevent it from happening. Many things get in their way, and the film ends with her going back alone one last time.
At times I wonder if time travel will ever be possible. Albert Einstein came up with a theory called Special Relativity. Scientists have proven this theory to be true. Basically, this theory describes how time in space is different than time down here on Earth. For example, if you were to travel in a spaceship for 5 years, 50 years will have passed on Earth. Its crazy to think about because we haven't experienced it, but it is true. Im hoping in the future more studies are done on space and time, so we can learn more about if time traveling will ever really be possible. The website I got this data from will be linked at the end of this blog, I recommend you give it a read, as it is very interesting!
I think it would be so cool to go back to the past or the see the future. We'd be able to learn more about the past and why things happened and if we were able to see the future, we'd be able to prevent things from happening. Obviously at the moment time travel isn't possible, but the idea of it is really cool and maybe years and years from now it will be.
You can watch the movie "See You Yesterday" on Netflix, I really recommend watching it!
"Is time travel Possible?": https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/review/dr-marc-space/time-travel.html

Time travel is a very interesting topic. One movie that covers it very well is Interstellar. Einsteins theory of relativity is very interesting and I love to think that time travel could be a thing.
ReplyDelete