Entry #4. A Bittersweet Ending

     Hi everyone. This week has been very difficult for me and my family, as my great-grandpa passed away at 91. The funeral was this week, and it was a very emotional day for us all. About 200 people came to the funeral service. He was very well known because he was the sheriff of Safford. I drove 4 hours to stay with my family for a few nights and to attend the funeral.

     The funeral service was very bittersweet. We are all sad he is gone, but everyone talked about how great of a life he had lived and how he wasn't suffering when he passed. We all miss him greatly but know he's in a better place now.

     After the funeral, we all gathered at a church and ate his favorite Mexican food. We also had Mountain Dews for everyone to drink, since they were his favorite. Every day, from 9am to 10:30am, he sat in his shop and whoever wanted to could come and drink Mountain Dew and listen to his stories. He will always be remembered!

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Ashley! I know what it's like to lose a loved one :( sending so much love to you and your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry that you lost your great grandpa. It is very nice that so many people showed up and was there to show their love for him. I hope you and your family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #8. Time Travel