Entry #5. An interesting commercial

     I recently watched an Allstate commercial that I thought was pretty funny. In the commercial, the driver is a man who has a beat up face. He is texting his friend "becky", and says they're both teenage girls. Him as a teenage girl, gets mad at the friend for liking the same guy as her. Then, it shows the pink SUV he is driving, crash into a nearby car. He then drives off, and an Allstate narrator promotes their car insurance as the woman is seen running to her crushed car.

     I like how the car is a pink SUV and how he has pink sunglasses on. The fact that its pink ties in with the commercials idea about him being a teenage girl who crashed. He had a very girly phone that he was talking to Becky on, which he is seen throwing after he gets mad at her. This action is very "teen-girl like" which I think adds a humor to the commercial. I think this is targeted at people looking to get car insurance. But, as a narrower audience, I think its directed to parents of teenagers, as they're more accident-prone.

     I really liked the commercial, and me being a teen girl I found it pretty funny! Take a look down below if you want to have a laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=BlfinjxFEYI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #8. Time Travel